Central Animal Hospital has served the Midtown Memphis area since the late 1930’s – beginning as Foote Animal Hospital. Many lifetime midtowners remember coming with their parents to Foote when it was across Central from the current location!!
- 1930Foote Animal Hospital
- 1950Foote Moves Locations
Foote Animal Hospital moved it’s location to 2192 Central in the 1950’s, and we are still there today!
- 1990Name Change
The name was changed to Central Animal Hospital in the early 1990’s by then owner Dr. Billy Miller.
- 2005Dr. Karnes
In 2005, Dr. Jennifer Karnes purchased the practice from Dr. Victor Raby. Since 2005, she has made significant improvements to the parking, the dog area, and the interior and exterior of the old practice.
- 2008AAHA Accreditation
In 2008, the practice earned accreditation from the American Animal Hospital Association. Only 12% of veterinary practices in North American hold this accreditation.
- 2013Hospital Expansion Begins
In 2013, Dr. Karnes and Hospital Manager Steve Karnes embarked on a year-long expansion of the practice onto property purchased from Fred Remmer in 2006.
- 2014Grand Re-Opening!
On May 24, 2014, the new Central Animal Hospital opened to great fanfare! The new building is 4,600 square feet of modern practice space. It features an indoor play/training room, two luxury boarding rooms, four exam rooms, and natural light for a healthy, happy feeling throughout the space.
- 2015Stay! At Central
The old practice building has been converted to Stay! @ Central – the fun side of Central Animal Hospital. Stay! houses our other luxury boarding suites, standard boarding, grooming, and canine playschool.